Obagi® Tretinoin Gel 0.05%
Patient verification required for purchase.
This 0.05% Tretinoin gel by Obagi® is perfect for those who want the same benefits but can’t handle the full strength of Tretinoin cream. The gel still has all of the anti-aging, acne-fighting power that the cream does, but in a much gentler formula.
What is Tretinoin?
Tretinoin, also known as retinoic acid, is a synthetic form of Vitamin A that can help treat acne, hyperpigmentation, and psoriasis, as well as reducing visible signs of aging, such as fine lines and wrinkles.
How is Tretinoin Gel different to Tretinoin Cream?
The gel is a gentler solution that is delivered in an aqueous formula and enables a slower release of Tretinoin. Treatinoin cream is stronger and harsher on the skin because it absorbs faster, therefore causing a faster reaction.
In addition to the retinoic acid, Obagi® Tretinoin Gel contains:
- Sodium Hyaluronate: Binds moisture into the skin and holds it there. It has all of the benefits of Hyaluronic Acid, but it is more easily absorbed
- Glycerin: A lubricant and humectant that attracts water to skin and makes it feel softer and smoother
- Trolamine: Helps to calm inflammation
- Soluble Collagen: Increases the moisture content of the skin
Who is best suited to use Obagi® Tretinoin Gel?
Anyone that wants the benefits of Tretinoin Cream but can’t handle the strength would be best suited to use Tretinoin Gel instead. The gentler, slower-release formula is less harsh on skin and the hydrating ingredients help to reduce flakiness, itchiness, and other undesirable side effects. The gel is also suitable for those who are new to Tretinoin and want to see how their skin reacts to a lower potency formula.
How does Tretinoin work?
It actually works by speeding up the life cycle of skin cells so that new, healthy cells can replace them. Every minute, our body sheds old, dead skin cells – up to 40,000 of them! However, that number is for the entire body. The face needs to shed an extremely high amount of dead cells since it is always exposed. When skin cells die, they turn flaky and slough off and are replaced by the newer, healthier cells beneath them. As these new cells make their way to the surface, they loosen buildup of oil and bacteria that end up clogging pores and causing breakouts. By upping the rate of skin cell turnover, Tretinoin stimulates the natural production of collagen and elastin, leading to healthier, smoother-looking skin overall.
- Prescription-strength gel that contains 0.05% Tretinoin
- Gentler, slower-release formula than the Obagi® Tretinoin Creams
- Contains hydrating ingredients like Glycerin and Sodium Hyaluronate
- Contains Trolamine, which calms inflammation
- Helps treat acne, hyperpigmentation, and psoriasis
- Reduces the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, and is especially useful for those with sun-damaged skin
- Increases cell turnover rate, and stimulates the natural production of collagen and elastin
Tretinoin, Glycerin, Sodium Hyaluronate, Trolamine, Soluble Collagen
- Regular price
- Regular price
- Sale price
Specialist treatments >
View our range of specialist treatments >